In a nutshell, our work is dedicated to making improvements to disadvantaged communities, putting local people at the centre of positive change.
Through our extensive experience delivering neighbourhood-based regeneration programmes, local economic development initiatives and employment services, we understand what it takes to enable people and places to thrive.
What we do
- We support the long-term unemployed on their journey into work, equipping them with essential skills, knowledge, experience and opportunities.
- We’re a delivery partner for Big Local, a ground-breaking £200m programme funded by Big Lottery Fund designed to enable local communities across England to better determine and address their own needs.
- We assist local areas to achieve economic growth, advising on how they can attract jobs and investment.
- We help build the capacity of migrant families, enabling them to become more resilient and integrated into their neighbourhoods. This includes helping parents engage in their children’s education, supporting achievement and raising schools standards.
- We research and evaluate programmes and projects designed to help disadvantaged families and young people, working with clients including Prince’s Trust and Carers Trust.
- We’re innovative and forward thinking, with an ambition and drive for developing new initiatives to address social problems.
- We’re an award-winning, East London-based social enterprise, proud to be recognised by the Social Enterprise Mark.
We have been in the business of neighbourhood regeneration for nearly fifteen years, working with some of the most disadvantaged and disenfranchised communities in the South East.
We grew out of Hackney Council in 1997 as an outsourced, not-for-profit regeneration company tasked with driving forward the borough’s transformation by working in partnership with the local community. This involved the delivery of various neighbourhood renewal programmes as well as public services including employment programmes, community development initiatives and inward investment and enterprise services.
Our ‘direct delivery’ experience has led to us being contracted to provide regeneration strategy advice and guidance to a wide range of clients including local authorities, housing associations, public sector agencies, developers, voluntary and community organisations and, of course, communities themselves.
Our work has been recognised by a number of national and local awards including Regeneration Consultancy of the Year, Best Local Social Enterprise, as well as a number of project awards including public space strategies and tackling worklessness.