1. Provide employment and inclusion programmes for people experiencing disadvantage and exclusion from three offices in London (Hackney, Haggerston and Lambeth).
2. Work with institutions across the UK to help them understand and increase their impact on communities through research, evaluation and learning partnerships.
3. Generate insights and learning from across our work to help us explore what it takes to improve a place.
Understanding the place around a person helps us to provide meaningful support and advice, which leads to benefits for individuals and their communities.
In 2018 Renaisi turned 20-years-old and launched a new organisational strategy. As a social enterprise: a company limited by guarantee with social aims we have the opportunity to build our business, not around a specific product or charitable mission, but rather around a question: what does it take to improve a place?
For us to be effective in our work and achieve the impact we are committed to, we absolutely need the solid platform that a quality business support team provides.
The successful candidate will be passionate about supporting others and will bring finance knowledge, a rounded practical experience of human resources, excellent communication abilities and a proactive, hands on approach to getting the fundamentals of business support right to support our teams and clients then planning and delivering positive change in the future.
To do this, you will take responsibility of the Business Support Team, (currently 3.6 FTE) and the following key functions: human resources, finance, quality and compliance, property, IT and Renaisi’s external business support contracts (which cover IT and HR expertise). Additionally, we offer back office support to start-up or emerging charities or small social enterprises with one current client co-located in our Mare Street office.
The kind of person we are after needs to have the skills defined within job description, but they also really need to be a:
• Highly organised self-starter who can manage competing priorities
• “Detail person” who takes pride in delivering quality work
• Great communicator who shares our values
CLOSING DATE: 12 Midnight on Sunday 28th July 2019 – applications received after this time will not be considered.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 1st August 2019 or Friday 2nd August 2019 (please hold these dates in your calendar)
For those who progress to an interview we will contact you to arrange your interview slot and potentially a pre-interview screening phone call. We’ll also give you details of what you need to prepare for the face to face interview.
Renaisi is an equal opportunities employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
Closing date: 12 Midnight Sunday 28th July 2019 – applications received after this time will not be considered.
If you have any questions about the role, please email Michael Toyer (Director) to arrange a conversation (firstname.lastname@example.org).