What is the WHP Programme?
The WHP supports individuals to find employment/begin self-employment and remain in work. The programme helps participants develop a personalised action plan and tailored package of ongoing support, and aims to support individuals to develop skills, gain confidence and improve their health and wellbeing.
This programme has been commissioned by the Department for Work & Pensions (DWP) and is part funded by the European Social Fund (ESF).
Who is it for?
You could be eligible if you live in England or Wales and you’re in one of the category below:
- out of work and have claimed unemployment benefits for 24 months
- a carer or former carer
- a former member of the armed forces or an armed forces reservist
- the partner of a current or former member of the armed forces
- a care leaver
- a young person in a gang
- a refugee
- a victim of domestic violence
- dependent (or have been dependent) on drugs or alcohol and it’s preventing you from getting work
- an ex-offender and you’ve completed a custodial or community sentence
- an offender serving a community sentence
You don’t have to be getting benefits to apply.
Where can you access it?
Via our South London Centre.